Due to the growing list of benefits, including low cost and high scaleability, more Healthcare IT departments are migrating to the cloud. While there are many options for cloud services, healthcare organizations must start with compliance. Project Hosts, a cloud service provider (CSP) is offering HIPAA/HITRUST compliant Proofs of Concept (POC) which provides healthcare IT organizations an opportunity to test, validate and work with an experienced CSP to ensure the effectiveness and ease of migration into healthcare compliant cloud, without a long term commitment.
Perhaps the most popular of the POCs is the Application Migration offer. With over 15 years of hosting experience, Project Hosts has mastered the migration process. Project Hosts has created an environment on Microsoft Azure that has been audited and certified to be compliant with both HIPAA and HITRUST security standards. They now have the ability to bring customer applications into this “Security Envelope” as long as they are compatible with its security architecture. Requirements include:
- Able to run on one of two OS/DB platforms: Windows Server/MS SQL (2012 R2 or higher) or Linux/MySQL
- Compatible with having a Sophos anti-malware and an Azure OMS logging client installed on each server
- Able to be authenticated by Active Directory or SSO if single sign-on is desired
- Accessible to users via either HTTPS or a virtual desktop Applications of this type may be migrated into the HIPAA/HITRUST Security Envelope where they are protected by all of the security protections, policies and procedures in place required for HIPAA and HITRUST.
Disaster Recovery is of utmost importance across all industries, so Project Hosts is offering a 30-day DRaaS POC that includes the following:
- Setup remote backup/replication for 2 servers running windowns 2012 or higher and MS SQL 2012 or higher
- Test restores of the backups in the cloud
- Daily emails confirming receipt and secure storage of backups
- All of the protections of the HIPAA/HITRUST Security Envelope
Healthcare organizations are beginning to use cloud based virtual desktops instead of loaded PCs for users in a number of different scenarios, one being open enrollment. Once a year, healthcare payers hire hundreds of temporary employees for a couple of months to process open enrollment changes for patients. The payers could provision a PC for each temporary worker, but they are increasingly opting to provision an inexpensive thin client and a virtual desktop with the required applications for each worker. With this in mind, Project Hosts has developed a virtual desktop POC where they can provision 2 different kinds of virtual desktop for users:
- A remote desktop session where a user can access a set of corporate applications
- A personal Windows 10 desktop for a user on a dedicated Azure virtual machine
These POCs are affordable while offering healthcare organizations, performance management, security management, access & application management as well as HIPAA & HITRUST compliance management all in one place. Visit projecthosts.com for more information.