Over 42,000 Healthcare IT Professionals roamed the exhibition floor daily during the three day conference. Attendees, from over 90 countries, engaged in over 300 educational sessions. There were hundreds of thought-provoking conversations about healthcare IT. Hot topics of conversation included interoperability, consumer-based healthcare, innovation in healthcare, and the importance of cyber security.
With cyber security being a prominent topic at HIMSS19, Project Hosts fit right in. The first takeaway from these conversations is the fact that many organizations are unaware that a compliant platform is only responsible for 20-25% of the compliance security controls for standards such as HIPAA, HITRUST and FedRAMP. This leaves the responsibility of the remaining controls squarely on the shoulders of the organization. Fortunately, Project Hosts takes on the remaining 70-75% of the security controls for our Federal and Healthcare customers.
The second was that companies often push off security and compliance even though they understand the importance and risks. The majority of these organizations are in the migration process on their own, and realize that they could use help. Project Hosts offers a complete migration plan into our secure and compliant Security Envelope on Microsoft Azure. By migrating into our cloud, Healthcare organizations inherit our pre-audited HIPAA compliance and HITRUST certification.
The final thing is that while the HITRUST standard is a based on a set of NIST security controls and best practices, FedRAMP is recognized as a higher, more effective, standard.
Project Hosts views HIMSS19 as a success as we continue to learn from and educate Healthcare IT and Federal IT organizations and providing each with exceptional cloud services.